My bedside table currently
Lamp: Asda George Home, Various semi precious stones from holidays over the years, Marc Jacobs Splash! in Cranberry (discontinued), Place mat: Anthropologie (which no longer appear online), Bedside: Ikea
As we were moving and had several days minus furniture we were busy stripping the house back and painting. During this time there were several funny (and not so funny things) that happened to us which I had emailed to family members and friends. Because they had gone down a treat with them I figured it was only fair to share them again here, with you guys.
My short list of what we learnt whilst moving.
– Never question another women’s bedroom spice racks
– or the dog hair in her oven. ever.
– a steam cleaner is your best friend
– ripping up a carpet can make you £1 and 1 Shilling richer
– Its easy to fall in holes, even in your bedroom.
– Any excuse to pull up a carpet and I’ll find it.
– B&Q trips rarely cost less than a £100
– You’ll fix a toilet, find a leak and get confused by light switches all in a few hours
– & speaking of light switches we have two in our hall. One turns on the hall light, one the landing and the first one can also switch of the living room lights, and the second can turn the living room lights back on, but don’t ask us how to make what you want happen because we haven’t worked out the secret.
– If Josh decides to get a saw/screwdriver or another implement to help get something unstuck he’ll more than likely come back to find I’ve already yanked it out mercilessly and without finesse.
– I will also clean anything twice if it stands still long enough. Sorry Josh.
– we hadn’t planned to change the flooring in the kitchen but I picked up floor tiles so . .
– velvet, velvet everywhere . . .
– and finally don’t be too jealous when I tell you, we have a seat in our shower, and doors like a barn to get in. We’re living the life I tell you, the life . . . if the life also has iron burns in the carpet and enough patterns in the kitchen to find yourself questioning, did I take a wrong turn and walk into a yellow, kaleidoscope?
Stay tuned folks, this can only get better.