I am currently listening to the new Ellie Goulding the song, Anything Could Happen suddenly struck a cord this morning. I think that nowadays its relatively easy to forget that anything could really happen.
I blame life, sometimes it just gets in the way! As a child I would have spent hours of everyday dreaming up what my life might look like and what could happen, how it would happen, how I would feel. However, having grown up a bit and moved out and on and having gathered a bit more perspective im easy to forget to think about the possibilities and instead just think of the here and now.
So today instead of just focusing on the here and now I figured that I might just look back at 2012 and think about what has happened so I can begin thinking that anything could happen. I give thanks to everything thats shaped me and changed me this year for without it I’d still be that silly little girl who couldn’t see her present only made up futures.
2012 saw me;
– Recover from my broken ankle and finally walk without crutches and get back into heels
– Graduate University with a respectable 2:1 (or 2:! when im particularly excited)
– Move in with the boy and move from London to Hetfordshire and down to Kent
– Undertake my first Internship ever
– Start two blogs, this one and thevintagecupboardLifestyles
– Help and watch my mothers new business take shape
– See the family business operate its last days and get excited for a new future with my family
– Get my first proper job and become a London commuter (rather than just living there)
– Run my first event with University peeps
– and start learning how to really live as an adult, not a student and not as someone living at home or even in her home town.
I’ve only included the positives of this year, because in all honesty I’ve done enough dwelling and as we head into 2013 I figure we have had enough sad and depressing things happen so this time lets have a minimally stressful and wonderful new year.